Monday 24 December 2012


Recently, I have been looking into the space my body occupies within my own space, such as my physical surroundings. I believe that this is an interesting concept and I wish I had decided on something as simple earlier in the year, with that said, I doubt I would be confident enough to step outside of my comfort zone if I didn't feel so lost in regards to my work for so long.
I find mirroring images to be an interesting method of showing the body, even if it isn't groundbreaking it is effective.
Basically I painted my face using red lino paint and placing a piece of paper over my face. The nose and lips in the center is my face looking straight on, while the left and right profiles are the result of bending the sheet over both sides of my face.
Hopefully more attractive work to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment