Wednesday 26 September 2012

Practical work #2: The human body is only a container?

Once again, I spent a little bit time experimenting with cling film and masking tape but this time it was to create a cast of my leg. This time it was not as effective as it was difficult to cover the area evenly so when I was removing it, it would hold its shape. This became clear once I had it half removed and the knee area began to lift and peel, causing it to bend and distort the entire shape.


After finishing and examining the end result, I began to consider ways to prevent the problems that occurred, and improve the overall structure. Firstly, doing it on my own leg made things unnecessarily difficult and moving was awkward and caused the cling film to slip and move, changing the shape dramatically. Secondly, doing the entire leg as a whole piece created problems when removing and trying to reshape, so doing it in sections and connecting once each piece is removed and shaped seems more logical.



No comments:

Post a Comment