Saturday 29 September 2012

Sound and Space (back to the drawing board)


After revisiting the various notes, sketches and studies I have done over the past 3 weeks, I have decided to go focus on what I believe to be my strongest concept for this brief. Essentially, this is a study of how sound can affect how humans experience space. While I will be working with sound, other senses will also come into play here, such as smell and touch as methods of reducing or increasing how we perceive space.

Pretentious rambling over, I am basically going to go back to the drawing board with this idea. While I feel that it is a solid idea, I think I may have approached the idea the wrong way. I am going to use the notes I have already done as reference for my new approach.

I'm going to break my studies into areas and develop each individually at this stage (as listed in the handout)
  • Space
  • Shape
  • Time
  • Occupation
  • Interaction
  • Movement
  • Scale
  • Noise
  • Internal/External
  • Manmade/Organic
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment