Tuesday 25 September 2012

Practical work: The human body is only a container?


I started by covering my left hand in cling film. Once I had every piece of skin covered with at least two layers I began to add strips of masking tape, gradually building up until the outside was relatively solid.
Using a scissors, I slowly cut a line down my wrist and into the palm of my hand. I had to cut into the middle finger to be able to free my hand. Once my hand was removed I had to reshape the masking tape hand again and cover over the cut, I did this by adding more tape and packing the fingers gradually with cling film. 


I applied a thin layer of liquid latex, but I was not happy with the results, so I made a mixture of PVA glue and black ink and covered the hand with the mixture. It created a vinyl texture to the hand that seemed similar to leather or PVC gloves. 






No comments:

Post a Comment