Monday 22 October 2012

Contextual work: Anish Kapoor

While discussing my work with a second year sculpture student, she recommended that I look up the artist Anish Kapoor. While his work is not directly related to the work that I am currently doing, it is still an inspiration of sorts. I have always been interested in large sculptural/instillation pieces and his work are definately an inspiration.

 Anish Kapoor "Bloodstick"
Currently, I am working a lot with textures and how they enclose an area and this piece has quickly become a huge inspiration to both what I can create and the scale of my work.

The colour here is also playing a role. To date, much of my work has been dark colours (mostly black and white) or when colour is used, it us normally washed out and pastel. This had got me thinking about colour in a different way and how I can effectively use it to my advantage.







No comments:

Post a Comment