Monday 22 October 2012

Post blog review developments

After my blog review, my tutors suggested looking into cocoons as a confined space. This is an interesting idea as a cocoon is almost like an organic version of my confined space. Cocoons are symbolic of change and growth, because of these ideas, cocoons fit into the direction that my confined space concept is going.

(Internet sourced) 
Silk moth cocoon
Personally, I find cocoons unpleasant. The holes and texture make me feel nauseous, to say the least. They are both elegantly designed and hideous. Perhaps its linked to the belief that I have Trypophobia (ever wanted to violently vomit? Google it) .
It is this balance of beauty and ugliness that attracts me to this development.

This week, I am going to begin a study into cocoons, their deeper meaning in artistic context as well as creating my own.
I am going to keep my idea of recreating the sense of a large space in a confined space in my mind and work around this concept as I feel that it is a strong and mature premise.




No comments:

Post a Comment