Monday 22 October 2012

Ramble!

After thinking about where my project was going with the ideas I had developed, I felt like they were disjointed, almost as if I was working on a series of different pieces, rather then working on a single brief.
I am quite happy with the developments I have made so far - the idea of a man made confined space and experimentation with sound, and now the cocoons. So I have decided to use these elements and combine them for a 'body' of work that is more personal.

The confined space work will hopefully be able to capture the insecurities I had growing up, such as feelings of separation, isolation and paranoia. While the cocoons I have started creating will hopefully capture how I have changed as a person and developed from the person I once was. I know how self obsessed this all sounds, but I think that is almost rational to bring everything back to my own personal experiences and draw from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment